How do you know you need roof replacement?
Some signs of an aging roof are obvious: repeated roof leaks, roof sagging, structural damage, and moss growing on the roof are all pretty clear signs that your roof needs replacement. However, roof replacements can be a good idea if your roof is over 20 years old, even if it looks okay, or if your roof has had several repairs done.
Roof Replacement Basics from Your Trusted Michigan Roofer
Choose Your Roofing Materials
Homeowners don’t just deserve a roof replacement. They need a roofing upgrade! Think about what kind of roofing materials you want for your new roof, considering what worked on your old roof and what needs to be improved. Different materials have different advantages, such as:
- 3-tab Asphalt Shingles are a classic and very economical option.
- Asphalt Architectural Shingles are thicker than 3-tab shingles and offer more protection.
The Roof Replacement Process
- First, professional roofers remove the old roofing materials and put them in a dumpster for recycling. A good roofing crew will be careful of residential landscaping and make sure to remove all roofing nails so there’s no hazards left behind.
- Once the old shingles or roofing is removed, the roofing experts inspect the remaining roof parts and make any minor repairs and replace any damaged roof decking or supports.
- Next, your trusted local roofers begin installing the new roof, starting with roofing paper, then drip edging, then flashing, then vents including a ridge vent, and then shingles or other roofing materials.
Premier Roofing and Renovations: Platinum Roofers & Roof Replacement Experts
We’ve been certified as high quality roofers by the most reputable roofing manufacturers in the business like Owens Corning because of our quality workmanship, and we’re trusted in the communities we serve because of our track record.
Don’t suffer with roof leaks and damaged roofing! Contact Premier Roofing and Renovations for your next roof replacement!